Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anonymous!

Well, this post follows on from the numerous comments posted by a few friends (I think!), to my previous blog posts. Okay, what exactly is the whole deal about anonymity?! Here are some examples...

From my post called - "outsourcing - the price"

" Anonymous said ... Alriiightyyy, this is terribly off-topic.. but jst wanted to say, i remember u frm school (IF ur Arun)!

I was in abhimanyu house ;)"

(!!)?????

From my post called - "A sweet sour experience"

"Anonymous said ... profound"

"Anonymous said ... glad you made it!"

So I am supposed to say, "Thankyou Mr... err... Ms... Err... anonymous?!". I can understand if you were posting some kinda ad or even letting me hear a few "not so nice" things about me... but then friends and well-wishers making themselves anonymous makes no sense to me! So what are you scared of?! The world would know that u wished well for me?! Didn't know that would be such a dear crime!


Anyway... this is just pure frustration, when i look at some comments as sweet as the ones above are, it hardly puts a smile on my face. It only gives me a wierd knot in my stomach not knowing who is talking to me.

I would rather have one dear friend, who wouldnt be shy (or scared, maybe!) of standing by me in front of the world, than a 100 well-wishers who will hide behind a cloak of anonymity and just make themselves heard from time to time.


If you dont have an ID sign off with your name or nickname for that matter! And if you are thinking of being funny and leaving an comment as "anonymous" for this blog... worry less, the comments are moderated, and they will never make it here :-)

No comments: